Welcome to the Website for the Westside Bridge Academy.
Sadly, Ed Lilly suffered a stroke a few days ago and passed away this morning, July 17th. When we know more, we will post the information.
The Longest Day!
The silent auctons to win a playing session with an expert are over. These are the winners:
9:00 June 21st
- Max Levit – Rhonda Bryant
- Jack LaVigne - Patti Mullendore
- Betty Starzec – Jane Boozalis
- Betty Freedman – Rose Cullivan Hock
- Gary King – Pat Levy
1:30 June 21st
- Georgiana Gates - Kathleen Malcolmson
- Ed Groner – Donna Sparks
6:30 June 21st
- Betty Starzec & Jane Armstrong – Don & Phyllis Timko
- Pat Levy & Mary Pat Gentry – Laura Lee Jones & Ann McDougal
At a date/time to be determined
- Carolyne Fox – Sandy Jackson
- Jimmy Breihan – Laura Lee Jones
- Tom Breed – Laura Lee Jones
- Mildred Breed – Shirley Hooks
- Bob Morris - John Caudill
- Shawn Quinn – Carolyn Lanier
The winners of the raffle for ten free plays were:
- Betty Cartmell
- Bill Kiehnhoff
- Carolyn Jackson
The winners can pick uo their ten free plays from the director at their convenience.
Call in reservations
Effective immediately the directors will no longer accept call in reservations for a N-S seating assignment unless the caller has a mobility issue that requires them to sit N-S.
If you have a mobility issue and need to be seated N-S we will of course honor that. To make it easier on the directors, we request that you call in 45 minutes or so prior to game time and ask to be seated N-S.
Otherwise, seating assignments will be done on a first-come, first-serve basis, so if you want a N-S, get there early!
We have had many complaints from those who show up 30 minutes prior to game time only to find that all the N-S tables for their strat have been taken by those who called in for a reservation.
The directors make a strong effort to spread out the A+, A, B, & C players so that one section or direction is not significantly stronger than another, since that makes the competition fairer for all. It is often difficult to do that and seat everyone in their preferred direction, so if you don't get the direction you prefer, realize that is the reason why.